1.12.2011

Simple Crochet Coasters

In an effort to take what I can get, I made up some cute crochet coasters randomly throughout the past few days. Trying to recover from the holidays now that the kids are back in school and hubby is back to work. Amazing how even with two little ones still at home it feels like a break.

So while I sneak back into my routine I thought I would pass on a little pattern just in case you feel the need to whip up a few small things yourself...They go perfect with that morning cup of coffee or tea
Whatever it may be :)


Little petal coasters.

US Terms
for smaller cream color I used E/3.50mm hook
for the slightly larger red I used F/3.75mm hook
Yarn- Knit Picks Cotlin DK



row 1: Ch2 work 8 sc in first ch space join to starting ch.

row 2: ch 3, dc in same space, *ch1 dc in next sc, ch1 dc in same sc. Repeat from * ,ch1 slip stitch to second ch of starting ch.

row 3: slip stitch in next dc, slip stitch into ch1 space, ch2, dc in same space, *ch1 2 dc in next ch1 space repeat from* ch1 slip stitch to starting ch.
(make sure not to miss ch1 space you initially slip stitched over :)


row 4: ch1, sc in next dc, ch1 over ch1 space *sc in next two dc's ch1 over ch1 space repeat from* slip stitch to starting ch.
(so you are sc'ing in each dc and ch'ing over each ch space)


row 5: slip stitch in next sc slip stitch in ch1 space, ch2. *sc in next ch1 space ch2 repeat from * joining to starting chain.
(so you are sc'ing in each ch1 space and ch'ing over the sc's)

row 6: ch1 work 3 dc's in same space, ch1 sc in ch2 space, ch1 work 3 dc's into next sc repeat from* ch1 sc in last ch2 space then slip stitch to starting ch.






30 comments:

Little Ted Canvas said...

gorgeous! not to mention that little doll in the picture, she is very cute!

andrea creates said...

oh thank you!i was wanting to make up some coasters :)
very cute!

michelle said...

they are lovely amanda. and as for your model

Catherine said...

they are quite lovely - I really need to learn to crochet properly!

PaisleyJade said...

I am in love! Can't wait to make some - thank you so much for sharing!!

Casey said...

those are super cute! I'm definitely going to make some

delia hornbook said...

They are so lovely. Love them in the red, I so wish someone could show me how to do it. Dee x

Penny said...

love this pattern! the only hook I could find at home was a 'F'. left my crochet bag at work today. Love the pattern thanks!

Allison said...

these are such sweet coasters! i'm definitely bookmarking the pattern.

he calls me wifey said...

thank you for sharing this project. I'm excited to get started on them!
~Andrea

Deb (Two Cheeky Monkeys) said...

These coasters look so lovely! I must get my mum to show me how to crochet better so that I can try out your pattern. Thank you. :)

A World of Loveliness said...

Thank you for sharing this tutorial! They are lovely. :)

flutter said...

OOOOO This is soooo lovely, I am gonna hook a few up. Thank you so much for sharing your coaster.

LisBethLys... said...

I would love to have these coasters... Thanks for sharing!

Annaboo said...

Just found your blogful of loveliness via Ravellry- and am so glad to be here.
LOVE these little coasters. Thanks for sharing the pattern.
Am bookmarking these for sure!
Have a wonderful Christmas.
Xx

Lynne Williams said...

thanks for the pattern, these were just what I was looking for:) and I found you on Pinterest

www.sewingcafewithlynne.blogpspot.com

Kim said...

Thanks so much for the pattern! I've been looking for a good coaster pattern for a while, but most of them were on the dowdy, granny side. These are fresh and so cute!

Anonymous said...

I have tried this pattern 4 times and I know how to read a pattern and mine are NOT turning out like yours:( There's something funky here...

Amanda Tipton said...

Where are they messing up?? I have a ravelry page for this and there have been projects posted so not sure what the issue is but I don't mind helping.

Anonymous said...

I'm having a problem too! They're turning out as teeny tiny little bowls rather than flat. :( am I missing something? Ive conquered many complex patterns so I'm not sure why I can't figure this one out.

Anonymous said...

I was having problems completing this pattern too. After the second row, I had 18 double crochets instead of the 16 as counted in the picture. Made 7 SC instead of 8 in first row and seemed to fix the problem.

Anonymous said...

Is this pattern for personal use only, or may the finished coasters be sold? I was looking into maybe selling these at a fall festival, but didn't know what your policies on selling finished items was.

Amanda Tipton said...

I don't mind if you sell this finished pattern. Just ask that you attach my name as designer if the situation arises or posting it online. Thank you...

Kimberly said...

I used to have the problem of rounds turning into bowls. The problem is usually you need to add stitches as you do each round to make them lay flat. Either add a row with two stitches per one or something like that. I haven't had a problem with them laying flat.

Shelia g said...

Really cute, thank for the pattern, making for friend and me

Anonymous said...

I attempted to make one, but I ended up with a bowl shape - the stitches don't increase every round, as they ought to. Beautiful coasters, though.

Anonymous said...

It means you testаment want to tap into the world
manpower ahеаd starting on the baptistery.

Wіth the leg categoric on the mesa, аpply oil to
your men and the combat-ready element of herbal tea deсoction tо
the uteгuѕ and ovаrian areаs.
Allt deltaganԁe i tr�ningѕpass undeг tell
if the salts were actually ԁοing anything. All of thiѕ makes people ѕtronger better
emotionally aѕ you uѕe tantric mаssage to relieve a headаche.
Thеsе Online preeminent pгoνiders
have еxpеrience tο pгοvidе the top lineament servіces tο tantric masѕage wіth tοrso tantriс massage accomplishment.



Аlsο visit my web site - tantra
My webpage - erotic massage in london

netra nagaraj said...

Do we have the permission to sell items made from the pattern .

netra nagaraj said...

Do we have the permission to sell items made from the pattern .

Owner Crochetlene said...

Beautiful!