3.04.2010

Somebody save me....

Still here in this hotel room feeling beyond antsy. I don't know how much longer I can handle this living situation before I go mental. We have been stuck at position 4 on the list for just over a week now, and I can't tell you how many times I have checked the website each day to see that. blah...

The list of complaints and discomforts are way to numerous to even know where to start. The big ones are of course not having personal space from the kids, our obviously cruddy eating habits due to a lack of kitchen, dealing with bare necessities for a baby and of course not wanting to buy anything for her because it's all packed away. A very very huge handful of an almost 3yr old who is testing his limits with the (do it myself) behaviors, knowing my hands are full with baby giving him extra time to get away with things. And then of course spending soooo much money for everything especially the tons of gas we are burning through and Scott having to buy new equipment for work since everything is packed and he needs it "now".  That's just the top of the list....................

Anywho the one positive is that we have been sneaking away to Huntington Beach on the weekends to stay with my sister and give us a break from the hotel. So it's not all bad but I am definitely reaching my limit when it comes to patience, with this whole situation...

I do find time to see the blessings in my life even if it takes a bit to open my eyes to them. The A's are enjoying school and doing well. Me and the littles enjoy some alone time as well as getting a lunch visit with daddy here and there. And of course the beautiful beautiful Southern California weather can't be beat!!!



The biggest thing that brings a smile to my face beyond all others these days. Has to be the growing bond between Shay and Sophie. Shay has been a little standoffish about holding or being too close to his sissy. But yesterday he asked to hold her on his lap and has been holding her hand whenever she is fussy to help calm her. It just makes me so warm and fuzzy to see these two...:)

2 comments:

mel @ loved handmade said...

Your post has made me a tad emotional...I think you are doing so great with this living situation right now, I can only imagine how difficult it must be. Enjoy those precious moments enjoying your babies, they'll test you no doubt but you're doing so well focusing on the sweet positive elements of daily life - your children are happy, that says a lot!

Bianca Jae Makes Stuff said...

Oh Amanda! You are a total super mum! What a wonder family you have and to see those moments with all the madness around you is so wonderful. I am sending you every bit of housing positive housing vibes from across the globe. You are a star!! xox