12.29.2009

38 weeks....

Still hanging in there......




Just got home from my latest Dr.'s appointment everything is good belly is still measuring a little over a week ahead. Dr. seemed surprised to see me, I guess considering this is #5 they don't see many still holding out at this stage. Although I am not shocked in the least. She did do a cervical check, I am dilated to three not really effaced much but b.g's head is pretty low. She stripped my membranes since I told her I am almost always induced. I don't hold out much hope for that process either since it has never worked in the past but who knows???

Any who the most exciting part to me anyways was that I am GBS (group B strep) negative which means unless I am induced or want an epidural I don't have to have an IV....YAY!!!!

As far as how I am feeling physically...Not so great, it's going to be a rough last stretch but I'll make it through and keep my eye on the prize while doing it :) Now if I could just get the family to stop calling every 10 mins to see how things are progressing...

One day at a time.......

4 comments:

Cathie said...

you look absolutely beautiful!!!
definitely not long now.
for my first i was induced at 41.5 weeks and it was summer here, so luckily you don't have the heat to contend with.
ooohhh, all the very best, looking forward to your news ♥

MooBear Designs said...

Truly amazing Hun!! The wonams body was built for this and you do it perfectly!! Can't wait to see the new born bubby photos... Good luck and happy new year. Back to packing fo rme as we are moving house!!

xo Steph

Kate said...

Wow you do pregnancy so beautifully! I cannot even imagine what you are going through waiting to have your fifth baby. I hope its easy and quick and gorgeous. So excited to hear your news and see the pics. XX

Debra said...

how exciting Amanda...you look great...all the best to you :)