2.17.2011

To sew a little

Can mean a lot.....


And lead to this simple little knit dress repurposed from a turtle neck I never wore.



I also used the bottom leftover strip to make a little hood/scarf.


The best part is it's so light weight she didn't even once try to pull it off, it is sure to be worn a ton this summer.
I am just surprised that this is the first time I have pulled out the sewing machine this year. I have already yanked a couple more shirts out of the closet for more repurpose fun....

12 comments:

mel @ loved handmade said...

I love this! Good for you, repurposing IS fun, can't wait to see what else you create..

Sally said...

It looks fabulous - I love that shade of olive green. Gorgeous.

emerson-j said...

u really are amazing! u need ur own botique or something...u always surprise me with ur craftiness and orignality

Cathie said...

your refashioning is amazing!
looks like fun.
you know I have to tell you AGAIN...how gorgeous is your model!!!
♥

Cotton Kiwi said...

Love the little repurposed hoodie dress. And I'm sure it will be worn lots in the winter too. How gorgeous would a little stripey skivvy be under that? So cute.

Anonymous said...

I love repurposed fashion...and this is oh so adorable :)

Unknown said...

what a fab idea and it looks so cute ;-))) dee x

MooBear Designs said...

Now that is one piece of refashioning worth blogging about!! The colour is rich and it looks like it really was made that way... 5 stars!!

xo Steph

Ooty said...

love it! What a beautiful refashioning =)

Tania said...

Clever, clever chook! Also for cracking the toddler Will Not Pull Off code!

- said...

What a fabulous idea.

Dar Presto said...

Brilliant!
Excellent idea, and adorable model:)

I have a stack of clothes waiting to be repurposed in clever ways. Waiting for my sewing skills and cleverness to catch up.