12.30.2010

Yum for the tum tum...

Don't you just love it when you have an idea or desire and you voice it to others in random chatting. Only to hear a few weeks or so later they suddenly have the same idea. I am sure it probably not a conscious thing most of the time but that can drive me crazy. Especially when it's your own mother doing it. ha ha..

So the other day I was talking to her on the phone and she brought up how she wanted to make a pumpkin roll and it looked so good etc. Well I of course had brought this to her attention around Thanksgiving and wanted to make it for our Christmas Eve dinner but never got the chance.



After talking with her about it I had to bake one up and fast, can't have mom beat me to it.Thank goodness for those extra cans of pumpkin laying around the pantry. This was super quick and easy to make and not to mention insanely yummy....


Alexis said it looked weird and kept asking what it was, then after I told her she begged for a piece. Which was fine by me because we all know by this time what that means. She's my photo prop, totally think it's a fair trade. She does too of course.



If you still need a bit more pumpkin in your life and want to bake one of these bad boys up, I used THIS recipe and it was perfect...I took the easy way out and used a few of those silicone baking sheets to bake it on and roll it in. No sticking and easy clean up works for me...

3 comments:

PaisleyJade said...

Mmm - looks so yum!! Happy New Year!

Tania said...

We Aussies seriously need to embrace those mysteries contained in a pumpkin can. Cos it looks nothing short of wonderful.

Camilla said...

Now all I can think of is your lovely rolls, but here in Denmark, we cant buy pupmkin in cans.... Very very sad...