9.29.2010

My Creative Space

Full of little bows...


For little girls....



I had made up a few last night just playing around and Alexis wore it to school today.
She came home and informed me a ton of her friends wanted one.
So I decided, since we are going to be pretty low on cash this holiday season.
That the kids could sell these  for a few bucks to friends and such and whatever profit they made would go directly toward their Christmas gifts.
How is that for motivation?

They are already talking about going door to door. I think I underestimate my children sometimes lol.
And I am pretty sure I just set myself up to make a million bows in the next few months.
At least they are pretty quick and easy.....



Funny that I never thought of employing the kids to do the selling for me. Since I am basically the shy quiet type and tend to lean on the "I'm not good enough" side of things.
While my kids are about as outgoing as is possible.
 And since the extra cash will go directly to them I think it's a fair trade off, don't you?






25 comments:

Lou said...

They are very cute. I think you are right though - lucky they are easy for you to make with that inspiration.

Chantal said...

Oh that bow with the heart is just divine. I think it's great that your kids want to be involved with your craft making and getting it out there. Lovely for them to share their pride in what you are doing.

mel @ loved handmade said...

I adore the bow with the pretty heart in the middle, too cute! Definately get the kids in on your super craft talent, perfect!

Brighton Breezy Sarah said...

really lovely - ha ha you've really set yourself up there - door to door? they'll be setting up an etsy!

Ooty said...

How sweet that your kids are into your making!!! I love it that they thought of selling it :)
They look so cute!!! I used to add them to little hair pins as well.

Tamara | One Craftee Mumma said...

I love the bows, so cute!

Cat said...

Oh I love these bows Amanda. They are so sweet and I love the way you displayed them too, great photo. I think it's great for your children to sell your beautiful wears.xo

Fiona said...

The bows are really cute and I can see them selling really, really well. I hope you have the time to make them all and I'm sure your kids will appreciate their Christmas all the more for understanding the effort that went into it.

74 Lime Lane said...

she is so sweet! And I think that is a great idea, your work is beautiful

marian said...

oh how fun & adorable on your little one :)

Catherine said...

so sweet! laughing at your kids' entrepreneurial spirit!

Unknown said...

Those hair bows are so sweet.

Cat from Raspberry Rainbow said...

They are gorgeous!
And a great idea, your kids helping with "sales and marketing"!

amyschmamey said...

UMMMMM Completely adorable!

Cotton Kiwi said...

Great idea getting the kids to sell them and the money going towards their Christmas presents! I should do that too. My oldest's friends are always coming up to me and asking for hair accessories. I always tell them that I will teach their Mummy how to do it but funnily enough I never get a Mummy coming to ask! Now I know what to do!

Vic said...

Soooooooooo sweet Amanda, love that the kids are pimping your crafts! ;)

Brenda said...

I think it's a great idea to get the kids involved selling your crochet bows.

Sally said...

How adorable are they???
TOTALLY!

Love it!

My Handmadehappiness said...

Yes it's defo a fair trade off!!! and great motivation... PS very cute bows too xx

Seaside Siblings said...

They are totally adorable!

Karin van D. said...

Adorable. What a great idea!

kathryn said...

I love the 'bows on a stick'. I love the way you photograph your things too. You are a very talented lady.
Good luck to your kids. Sounds like they are off and running with that idea.

Unknown said...

Adorable! You are such a creative goddess!! xo m.

Luisa said...

now THAT is adorable!

Cathie said...

what a great idea & what great pics, LOVE those cute little bows ♥