12.19.2009

The haps over here...

Still hanging in there.....

Sorry for being so quiet these days. I am really trying to find my patience somewhere stashed in all the craziness of the season. I definitely did not inherit the patience gene from my dad. Or maybe I did and it just hasn't kicked in yet???

On a different note I am officially done with the Christmas shopping "YAY". And for the first time ever I have actually wrapped some gifts before Christmas Eve. It is usually a tradition to wrap them all on that night but I just couldn't fathom wrapping 50/60 things in one night so yesterday hubby got home early from work and we knocked out the A's gifts literally seconds before they started to walk in the door from school....Perfect timing!! I still have Scott's and Shay's but I can sneak those in here and there so I am not to worried about that.

As far as craftiness....I am working on some knit washcloths to add to Scott's family gifts and managed to finish up a blanket for Shay that I started the first week I learned how to crochet. I naively picked up some super fuzzy/soft yarn and if you ever crocheted you know dealing with that stuff as a newbie is just not fun. So now that the weather has cooled and I can Double Crochet with my eyes closed the blanket was a breeze to finish. Now if I could just get the dog to stop sitting on it.....I will take pics of both projects soon, promise.

Oh and the belly well she is still nice and snug in there. I am experiencing a ton of contractions, pretty painful ones I might add. But nothing regular at all, which is fine "except the pain part" I am technically not full term til Monday so I guess she can wait. :P Then at that point it really becomes a wanting to wait situation because let's face it who wants to spend Christmas in the hospital. Certainly not me and certainly not with 4 kids at home...

Other then all that chaos I am simply enjoying my homemade "Starbucks" pumpkin spice lattes. How??? OOOOh because my mommy sent me a little goodie jar of the pumpkin mix...YUMMMMM I love it so. Oh and while spending too much time online searching out deals for gifts. I stumbled upon a website that has some old school toys from when I was a kiddo. Back to Basics has a few things that totally bring back memories for me and I am sure others as well. (not like we had a huge selection back then)

Look familiar



If I could justify spending another dollar I would so get these but they will go on my wish list for now. Cool huh??

Ok back to my washcloths.....Enjoy your weekend!!

1 comment:

mel @ loved handmade said...

Ooohhh! I had that clock! Wow, it does bring back memories...