5.02.2009

A good breakfast...

So of course having a big family accounts for a big breakfast especially on the weekend..While during the week I can get away with cereal etc. On the weekends it seems everyone wants a bit more to their meal then just cereal...usually I cook up eggs with toast bacon and so on. And of course the ever popular PANCAKES!!!!! Who doesn't like a good ole pancake lol...

Well since I am always trying to eat healthier I stumbled upon a bag of Bruce's Sweet Potato pancake mix..Grabbed it up and made a batch this morning..YUMMMM first off I love me some sweet potatoes but wasn't sure how they would taste in pancake form...I was impressed and thankfully everyone else liked them. So looks like we will be replacing those empty pancakes with the vitamin enriched Sweet Potato cakes.

If you like Sweet Potatoes you should give it a try...I also used heart healthy butter and a tiny bit of powdered sugar to add a tiny bit of sweetness...You don't need much...I am thinking "if I can find it around here" next time I will use Almond butter to even up the nutritional value..:)

No comments: