1.08.2009

Getting back to normal..

How long does it take for your brain to let you believe he is actually home. He isn't leaving in two weeks and My bed has again become OUR bed. These are all new adjustments for me. Although I am not complaining one bit. I am so in love with the fact that he is mine again. I just can't quite convince myself that it's true just yet. lol...

While everything is still currently getting orderly here we are doing awesome and things are running very smoothly. It's almost too perfect!! I say this because all that I have read about your other half coming home after a deployment warns you of the possibilities that things can be off or weird or a struggle to go back to the way they were before he left. But that's not the case with us, again so not complaining here. In fact I think we are even doing better then we did before the deployment. And as I look back on it all. Not once did we argue or threaten each other. Sure there were frustrations due to lack of communication but we both realized early on that, that's just the way it was and we couldn't dwell on it. We are just so excited to be together again and nothing can take that away from us.

I am even astonished at the way the kids are dealing with all of this. They are doing great and you can tell the entire house has lost that cloud of gloom from him being gone. We all know that this year will bring so much more out of living in Louisiana then last year did. We plan on going to New Orleans and hopefully tons of fishing and camping etc. All things I felt I could not do on my own with 4 kids and a dog. :) I can't wait to do them now...

It's still all fresh and new to us so I can only speak of how things are going as of yet but I know it is only going to get better. As I walk around with my permanent grin...Don't mind me :)

No comments: