11.27.2008

Oh what a day

Oh What a day......

So I decided I am going to crochet some washcloths for a few family members for christmas and also make a few other crocheted items so I had to head into town to get to Micheal's and pick up some yarn. The drive is over an hour which isn't terrible but it's draining to say the least. It was all going smoothly, I promised the kids if they behaved we would eat dinner at Chili's so they were decent..lol.. Anywho our last stop before dinner was Target, Lucy our dog was out of food so along with getting Shay a few christmas gifts and a few random things we got a bag of dog food. Well as I got the baby in the car Ayden my big helper unloaded the cart but forgot to get the dog food. I was totally unaware until we showed up at home but I'll come back to that in a moment.

As for dinner we did go to Chili's. I generally stay away from restaurants with it being just the kids and I but I didn't want to cook tonight so I gave in and was lazy lol. Immediately upon getting our seat I knew who our server was. She gave me the "scowl" I know what she was thinking a mom with 4 kids I am not gonna make a tip BLAH BLAH..little does she know that I once was a server myself and I love to tip more then necessary but at the same time I will go strictly by the book if you treat me wrong. Well of course we got the not so great treatment from her. Upon sitting down she tried to get me to request another table by telling me servers will walk by and possibly drop a tray on Shay because his highchair was in the way.."whatever" there was plenty of room. I just looked at her and said he will be just fine. Ordering went off without a hitch but refills only came 5 mins after we got our food which was crappy but that wasn't her fault. Then came the one thing that I HATE more then anything..THE RUSH to get me out..Not even finished eating and she puts the bill on the table. UGH..What if I want desert what if I need something. When a server puts the bill on the table she is trying to wash her hands of us and move on get us out etc. Well that's fine your 10 dollar tip just went down to 6 thank you very much...Sad for you, I'll live..Oh and my kids..Super well behaved which was amazing but I treasured it lol...

Ok now back to the dogfood...We are unloading the van it's close to 9 the store on base is already closed and then it hits me...Where's the dog food..CRAP ...I live in the middle of nowhere Wal-Mart is our only store off post I don't know what will be open tomorrow being that it is Thanksgiving not to mention Lucy hasn't eaten all day..UGH..I guess I will load them back in the car and drive all the way to Wal-Mart..So I head out but cross my fingers that the shopette on post has a little stash of dog food somewhere...And guess what they did..WHOOHOO the canned stuff, but hey that will work for a few days...Problem solved...

I did see a funny thing though leaving the shopette...A man in uniform walking in front of me had the last name of BUTT poor guy..I am sure it's pronounced with that little mark over the U but still BUTT how sad that he has to wear that on his uniform everyday lol...

Ok I have jibber jabbered enough......

No comments: