5.16.2010

A beanie for me

Come to think of it, this is a first.....

Sure I have made hats that I have worn but never really specifically for me. And honestly I didn't intend to keep this one before I started. But once I got going and felt how light  and soft this yarn was I knew it would be perfect for those windy and warm summer days here in the desert. I hate the hair in your face situation and this will help keep it at bay. Not to mention it's cute and handmade.....

p.s I know I look tired, 3 weeks, 5 kids no hubby makes for no sleep. But he will be home late Monday early Tuesday sometime so maybe I can sneak a shower by myself before 2am. Maybe..




I used the Spud and Chloe free pattern for this, but obviously did not get all slouchy. I love the way it looks so I will probably make a slouchy  one like this soon. But I think after Scott see's this one he is going to request one for himself. I love the way this beanie decreases!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Perhaps you may look a little tired... but my first thought was, that you look beautiful ;-)

mel @ loved handmade said...

I love it & you make a great hat model, beautiful!

Cathie said...

I hope you treat yourself with more gorgeous things!
you look absolutely BEAUTIFUL Amanda!
happy week to you gorgeous girl.

Chicken Willow said...

I agree with all the comments so far, your gorgeous! Love the hat, looks great on you.