4.07.2010

My Creative Space....

First off, I am in trouble..I mean big big trouble!!!! During a recent visit to my sisters I mentioned that I wanted to look around  for a japanese book store. She immediately pointed me to one and I  knew exactly where it was.  Used to go to the store right next to the darn thing back before I was crafty...

So of course I paid a visit...Left the hubby in the car with sleeping babies and let me tell you never have I had more of a reaction to books in my life lol...My heart was racing and palms sweating mainly because I knew I only had minutes to spend instead of hours haha....So I went searching through hundreds of crafty japanese books and couldn't decide, but I settled on this one. FOR NOW it has the cutest crochet and knit tops....

Just wish I had more time to devote to it at the moment...Little by little I will get my crafty fingers going again...I am working on the cover piece going for simple to feel out the japanese way of doing things


Don't miss out on all the other crafty goodness over at Kirsty's

17 comments:

Bianca Jae Makes Stuff said...

Welcome to the heart stopping madness of Japanese craft books! I pour over mine all the time. I just order some new ones this week ;) xox

Kate said...

Oh wow! I want to shop at that shop, it sounds amazing! Looking forward to watching your top grow. X

Tammy said...

Oh how exciting! I feel your heart racing! Looking forward to seeing the progress on this. : )

M* (Melanie) said...

Oh wow, I have sweaty palms and are hyperventilating too! Oh you lucky thing! You must be in heaven!!

Kirsty said...

The denimy blue is perfect. I look forward to sharing your adventures with this book.

Trudi - Me and Ewe said...

I have never looked over Japanese craft books - I may have to seek some out.

dash robin said...

oh yeah...japanese home books will flip your heart and mind too...they really have the best BEST books...it will be great to see what you come up with out of your new source of inspiration

michelle said...

so lucky i can't pop in to that particular shop. enjoy your book

mel @ loved handmade said...

I love the colour you're using, it's going to be a gorgeous top. I'm pleased I'm not the only one that has heart stopping reactions to walking into a gorgeous store filled with the things I adore...

Pippi creates said...

I've heard those japanese crafty books can be dangerous. Love the start of your project though.

becclebee said...

ooh, that looks lovely already! i am itching to finish my current granny square project (a baby blanket for a friend's soon to be born baby, so time is a factor) and branch out into pattern following goodness...

Cindy said...

Divine...have fun with it.

Unknown said...

oh I relate I relate! Except I took toddler, who threw everything on the floor, while i tried to memorise every page of every book. Nice Japanese man, kept picking things up again, and I kept flicking pretending not to notice....I had sweaty palms! I think I will order online from now on. Its worth the gamble!!

Snooze said...

i love the blue crochet teaser ... it looks like a gorgeous dark denim colour. i can't wait to see what it will look like when it grows up.
My Creative Space

B @ Sweet Limes said...

So jealous! I can't find anywhere in Canada that sells Japanese sewing books and I'm itching to get my hands on one!

collecting feathers said...

When I go to to Sydney, my sister takes me to a bookstore that is chocco's full of japanese, danish, german etc craft books and mags. It is like heaven! We spent a whole day there last time! My back gave out and I had to lay down in the aisle for 30 minutes.
By the way, that is one CUTE baby you have. xxNick

Cole said...

I know the feeling!! I'm glad you found a a shop that gets you that excited about crafting